Patient Transport System®
A total software solution for patient transportation
Improve Patient Flow, Reduce Staff Costs, and Increase Satisfaction
The Patient Transport System (PTS) automates tasks to ensure that patients being moved between their rooms and clinical departments arrive on time. From data entry and recordkeeping to trip scheduling and trip progress reporting, PTS helps you work smarter, not harder. With PTS, you can:
- Avoid conflicts when scheduling patient trips
- Coordinate multiple trips to minimize patient transports
- Speed up discharge notification
- Decrease waiting time and improve patient satisfaction
- Efficiently move equipment, materials, linens, specimens, and other items
Do More With Less
Information is power. The PTS system collects, organizes, and reports information that enables managers to identify response times, demand volumes by time of day and department/unit, and recurring bottlenecks. It also provides data to measure employee efficiency, utilization, and productivity.
With PTS, you can enhance service levels and reduce costs — all with the same or fewer resources. View our complete benefit analysis.
Patient Transporting Benefits:
In addition to decreasing patient wait times and improving overall satisfaction, our system offers the following benefits for patient transport:
- On-Time Delivery: Based on industrial engineering principles, our system optimizes the on-time delivery of patients, which is often slowed down by manual entries into a hospital information system. This also creates productivity increases for nurses, clinical department staff, and transportation staff.
- Reduced Staff Costs: Automating the communication processes related to trip requests, dispatching, and trip progress monitoring reduces overall staff costs.
- Accurate Employee Evaluations: Data regarding individual employee productivity allows for accurate employee evaluations and the development of effective training programs.
Patient Tracking BenefitsPTS provides patient tracking information to hospital visibility systems, including the patient’s last known location, whether the patient is in transit, the destination location and expected arrival time, and whether the patient is being transferred or discharged. Additionally, patient tracking enables:
- Appropriate Staffing Levels: Information about pending transports and current activities of employees enable proactive adjustments relating to staffing levels and assignments.
- Last-Minute Scheduling Adjustments: Real-time information about the progress of patients coming into diagnostic areas allows scheduling adjustments in the event of delays.
- Increased Bed Utilization: Quicker notification of patient discharges and transfers results in reduced bed turnaround times, increased bed availability, and increased bed utilization and revenue.
Affordable, Scaled Pricing for Smaller Hospitals
PTS provides significant time savings, resulting in a positive ROI. Additionally, our pricing is scaled to assure that small hospitals realize a return on investment.
Learn more about the ways we provide value to smaller hospitals, or contact us to schedule a demo.